City National Bank of Florida added six Wells Fargo veterans to its commercial lending team.
CEO Jorge Gonzalez said the bank expects demand for commercial loans to surge in 2021 as more high-net-worth individuals and new-to-market businesses migrate to the state. The senior-level hires will help the bank keep up with that demand.
“We are hiring to serve this segment and deliver the exceptional client experience and personal relationships we are known for,” Gonzalez said.
The new hires are:
- Jose A. Sanchez, managing senior VP and commercial banking executive. He was previously senior VP, commercial banking segment leader at Wells Fargo.
- Jacqueline Sanchez, senior VP and director of commercial banking. She was previously senior VP of commercial banking at Wells Fargo.
- Jorge Pereiro, VP and senior commercial banker. He was previously VP and principal relationship manager of business banking at Wells Fargo.
- Kathryn Ladino Arana, VP and senior commercial banker. He was previously VP and principal relationship manager of business banking at Wells Fargo.
- Elena Santana, VP and senior commercial banker. She was previously VP, senior relationship manager at Wells Fargo.
- Ana Yanquez, VP, commercial banking. She was previously VP, business relationship manager at Wells Fargo.
City National Bank is South Florida’s second-largest bank by assets, with $18.6 billion as of Dec. 31. In November, the bank completed its purchase of Executive National Bank, its second acquisition in just over two years.
The Miami-based bank was one of the region’s top Paycheck Protection Program lenders and among the few banks in the nation to participate in the federal Main Street Lending Program for businesses.